More about me, my intentions, etc

More about me, my intentions, etc


Summary:

I created multiple blogs, which can be found under the following link:

For more information about me, I share below about:

1) My intentions when creating the blogs.

2) My church background. 

3) Not wanting to limit who God may reach through me. 

4) Do I have a specific lens?

5) My restrictions regarding what I share.

You can find more details below:



1) My intentions when creating the blogs:

My main intention for creating the blogs is to reach people wherever they are, and have a ressource for then always available for free for whenever they need something. 

When I wasn't a Christian, Christ reached to me through internet, from my home. What Christ had done for me, I want to do for others. 

I also intent to give people access for free to information that is difficult to find. 



2) My church background:

To be fully transparent, before I became a Christian I went during my childhood to an Evangelistic (which had a Pentecostal leaning) church. I had also visited all kinds of other churches. 

When becoming a Christian I went to several Charismatic churches, and then house churches. 

I also visited or/and was invited to multiple churches such as Catholic, Protestant Lutheran, Anabaptist, Brethren, Reformed, Church of Christ, Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, Baptists, etc. 

I have also looked at content online of other churches of all kinds (Coptic Orthodox, Charismatic Catholics, Southern Baptists, Vineyard, etc). 

I have also exchanged and spent time in person with many people from all kinds of different denominations too. I have been even invited several times to speak at their respective churches as they appreciated me. 

I also spent thousands of hours looking at content from all kinds of people from every kind of denominations online. I really do believe that I have a good grasp on many of them. And what I know is that I have met people whom I consider to be brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world. 



3) Not wanting to limit who God may reach:

I believe that God is able to reach people wherever they are, and whenever.  

Because God would not limit Himself in that endeavor, I also do not want to limit myself in that endeavor when I seek to edify others. 

I do not know who might read what I wrote, but perhaps God wanted to reach them, and I want that possibility to remain open and possible. 



4) Do I have a specific lens?:

I write as a Christian, and so this would be a specific lens I have. 

However I seek actively to be as true as possible to the descriptive data. This is why I will often quote a passage and then simply repeat what it literally said. 

In my researches I also consult all kinds of perspectives because I do believe that truth can come from anybody's mouth. I do not want to miss something true that may have been said by someone whom I would not have considered immediately regarding a topic. 

I want to remain open minded while striving to remain sound minded. 

I am not forced by any organization to say any specific things. 

I try to remain sober in my developments, not going beyond what I believe the text allows to go. You might also notice that I share quotes from Christians from different centuries that may have shared similar things. 



5) My restrictions regarding what I share:

I do have restrictions regarding what I share. For example:

I seek to have love in my heart restraining what I share. I would not want to intentionally harm anybody. 

There are many things I do not write. I try to not go beyond what I can give evidence for, weither textual or empirical evidence, or logical evidence. I also try to not be exhaustive about everything, because I do not believe that it is not my role to do so, and I do not want to overwhelm people. 

There are things that I leave open on purpose. I am not attempting also to be exhaustive in everything. I leave room for others to give details regarding parts I do not. I do believe that many people have valuable things to share, and I respect their place and do not seek to take their place. We need others too, I am just someone among many. 

There is a lot of research that I have not shared. I usually seek to share the information that really cuts to the point of contention. This leaves a lot of peripheral information that I do not share. 

I seek to respect people's time when they choose to read anything, and so I try to go as much as I can directly to the topic. 

I do fear God, because I believe as a Christian that God is holding me accountable for every word that I decide to write and share. Not just that, but even my thoughts leading to the words that I form. I believe that on earth God can intervene to hold me accountable for anything, and I also believe that I will have to give an account for the words I chose to say after I pass away when I will face God. Jesus also said that to whom more is given more is required, and I take that very seriously. I therefore do not share things lightly. 

Comments

Popular Posts